So apparently this was the year of the accessory. My birthday/Christmas list was a good mix of home decor, reading material and some much-needed clothing & accessories. I have to admit that Santa, particularly his little elf Jefe, was very good to me. I was shocked at how generous. I’m one lucky girl 😀
1. Allegra Hicks: Eye for Design – I’m SO excited to read this book. I’ve been a fan of hers, particularly her West Elm collection, for quite some time. She’s got such simple, soothing, but interesting patterns.
2. The Handbuilt Home – John & Sherry are big fans. And anyone they like is worth a second look. Unfortunately for Jefe, I now want to bust out a power saw and turn our balcony into a woodshed. I blame all of those years at CMU building booths. Obligatory booth post here (yes, I helped make that….):
3. Pottery Barn Mercury Glass Ornaments – Mercury Glass. Christmas Ornaments. Could it get any better? Only if you add jingle bells…..
4. Sleigh Bell Embroidered Table Runner – It had me at
hello jingle jingle.
8. JCrew Striped Knit Infinity Scarf (no longer available) – It’s so freaking cozy, already wrapped to the perfect length and it has NO ENDS! I’m in love. I had to go buy more navy blue just so I can wear it more often.
9. Target/Neiman Marcus Marc Jacobs Cashmere Blend Scarf – I picked it up and put it down a solid 10 times the week before my birthday. I was so worried that they would sell out like they did with the Missoni collection. So Jefe insisted I just leave it in the cart… (although now that I see it’s still there and on clearance for $40 cheaper, I feel a bit like a sucker…. but I do LOVE it).
So there you have it. The birthday/Christmas 2012 rundown, full of holiday decor, classic design, and some fancy but necessary pieces of awesomeness.